So the concept of prayer is not new to me, but having any feeling behind it is new.
Since my salvation, I have had the strong urge to express thanks for prayer. The things I have asked for have been intangibles, because at this point in my spiritual journey, that is all I believe God can help us with, the only way He makes changes. I believe in the power of prayer as a personal request for spiritual gifts and guidance.
The 40 day prayer challenge was started by my church as a revival effort. We are asked to identify several prayer circles, which I take to mean something we want insight support or guidance on, to tap into God's plan. The deal is you pray constantly over these several issues, pray through them and around them and revisit them daily. And to journal to see the results coming to fruition in our lives.
Circle 1: I want guidance on how to do His will, on what His will entails, and to make sure I am following the path he has for me.
Circle 2: I want to pray for guidance with my relationships, for patience in being the best parent I can be and to raise my children in His light according to His plan for me and for them. And I want help being part of a healthy relationship, to grow together and to be the best person I can be for my significant other and his children.
Circle 3: I need a friend, so badly. So very badly. Or my sister closer or something. I know there is someone who would be a great friend and who I could be a great friend to, out there somewhere hoping to find me. :) I've heard great things about God bringing people together in friendship and this is my selfish request.
So these are my circles and I will pray over and through and under and around them for 40 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment